alteractive
Welcome to Alteractive.

Thank you for agreeing to take part in my research project.

Please register and access the following link in Forums to the 'Research Questions.'

See 'About the research' for further information or visit:

http://activistresearch.wordpress.com/

Thanks

Roy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

alteractive
Welcome to Alteractive.

Thank you for agreeing to take part in my research project.

Please register and access the following link in Forums to the 'Research Questions.'

See 'About the research' for further information or visit:

http://activistresearch.wordpress.com/

Thanks

Roy
alteractive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the pros and cons of online activism?

4 posters

Go down

What are the pros and cons of online activism? Empty What are the pros and cons of online activism?

Post  Admin Fri 27 Jul - 20:11

Think about how you use the internet to campaign for change in politics or your community.

• What works and what doesn't?

• What about the internet helps you to effect change?

• What about the internet prevents change?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What are the pros and cons of online activism? Empty Thoughts.

Post  Mdhamiri Mon 30 Jul - 7:24

I believe the main pro is the ability to reach a large, potentially gigantic, target audience, and make global changes, such as the Kony 2012 campaign. This however, could be also be a con, as it gives 'negatively minded' individuals or organisations the means to spread propaganda. It makes it easier to stay anonymous, giving rise to 'trolls' or Internet bullying, but also allowing people who wouldn't usually speak out to have their say.

Mdhamiri

Back to top Go down

What are the pros and cons of online activism? Empty Agreed

Post  puzzle Mon 30 Jul - 7:34

I agree with what you have said, I do feel strongly however that having the anonymity does allow people to be more honest and to feel like they can have their say without being judged. But I do see what you were saying with the potential for people to abuse the system, it’s going to happen I guess and probably only in the minority so maybe the pros outweigh the cons?

puzzle

Back to top Go down

What are the pros and cons of online activism? Empty Realism

Post  Angry Fossil Wed 15 Aug - 4:57

You certainly have the ability to reach a wide audience but whether you achieve it is unlikely. Kony 2012 was lucky enough to go viral but it also meant that more people researched it and found many flaws in the campaign. Trolls and online bulling is now expected on anything that goes online, this is down to people having more confidence behind a computer screen then in person. Also they do it just to get a reaction out of people.

Angry Fossil

Back to top Go down

What are the pros and cons of online activism? Empty Re: What are the pros and cons of online activism?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down